Saturday, November 7, 2009

today has been such a delightful saturday. I naturally woke up bright and early, cleaned up my house a little. I went grocery shopping to stock my fridge since my brother's coming to town today for my dad's birthday.

today is my dad's 60th birthday! I was in charge of cake. I got him this amazing, enormous carrot cake from the cakery. I'm so excited about it. It looks so great! I also made a white cake with chocolate frosting for the babies and the non carrot cake lovers. I just finished frosting it.

this may not look impressive to you, but even though I'm a decent cook, I generally cannot bake to save my life. it always turns out slightly (or terribly) wrong and tastes bad.. this one turned out okay! granted, I did use a mix... but STILL, I didn't do anything dumb like burn it or try frosting it before it was done cooling, etc etc. anyway, it was fun. I just don't know how I'm going to get it to santa margarita.

picture update:

I used to have brown hair

I took this minutes before leaving my house to get my hair done blonde. it kind of makes me sad that my brown hair is gone... but after probably close to 20 hours total of excruciating pain to all who helped in the blonding process...

I am blonde. this was taken the night that I went blonde. it's been through a lot since then.. turning yellow, breaking (thankfully, no one can tell besides the broken little hairs all over my clothes), bleaching, conditioning, and the list goes on.

one of our estheticians at work.. we look less than thrilled because we took about 5 pictures that were awful before this one haha

is this not the cutest little button you've ever seen?????

oh halloween..
karie and marissa had a halloween party. the 2 on the left are bartenders at frog and peach that marissa did their makeup (rocky horror trannys), karie is lady gaga and todd (her boyfriend) is hunter thompson

marissa was an awkward robot


baby shaved his beard.. we're kind of under cover these days.

now, clean myself up a little and up to my parents I go for birthday celebrations!

No comments: