Sunday, December 7, 2008

weekend stories

last weekend I met this really cool guy (yes!) who's only in town for 30 days from maui (no!). as he's going around seeing all his friends here, I realized that when I came to visit from seattle, I spent all my time with Josh.
 
Josh was my best friend that I used to work with at CCS. We've always kept in contact throughout the years, but we haven't been as close as we were in the past. He recently spent a few months in Costa Rica and we wrote emails back and forth while he was gone. Now he's living in San Diego. Watching Jason see his friends while he's in town made me miss Josh. So I called him and he was driving to San Luis from San Diego. It was his birthday yesterday! It's felt so good to see my old friend. His girlfriend told me that even though we don't see each other very often anymore, he still considers me his best friend. my point: Thursday, I got to hang out with Josh and I loved it. It was like we never spent any time apart. 

I saw the mouse (ended up not being a rat). I was doing dishes the other day and it ran from my counter, across my stove, into the little nook under the burner. I dropped the soapy glass and screamed the entire time it ran. it's getting more brave and I felt like an elephant. so I went to rite aid yesterday after work for some "home improvement" items. I bought a no view, no touch mouse trap. It came in a pack of 2. I set them up, but the mouse still hasn't taken the bait. I wait. 

last night I went to bed early and woke up late. I went down to Pismo and had my arm tattoo finished... well, I think it's finished. It was fun  hanging out with my tattoo artist, Marc. He's moving to seattle in a few weeks with his wife and son. my arm hurts. 

after my tattoo, I met up with Amber and went to Michaels to buy some more acrylic paints. I picked up painting again the other day. It's so therapeutic. I completely forget/stop caring about the outside world. I think I'm becoming more reclusive. I think it's good. Anyway, amber and I decided to go to Target after Michaels (that is not doing what I can for the economy by buying locally). I bought sweats for $6.49; they are so soft and warm. I needed sweats for winter. I used to own so many pajamas bottoms and now I'm down to 1 pair (well, now 2) and they were knee length. they weren't cutting it. 

I caught the cleaning bug after my trip to Target. I cleaned things that should NOT have gone so long without cleaning. My toilet started leaking obscenely, spewing water all over the floor. I jiggled the handle a few time until it stopped, but called my trusty (and handy!) friend Dave. He's coming over tomorrow to fix it. I then received a call from my temporary hawaiian love interest to top off the evening and now I'm watching You've Got Mail on tv, about to go to sleep. tomorrow, my big plan is going to the swap meet (hopefully I can muster up the drive to get up with the sun) then off to breakfast at Louisa's for my weekend tradition of sausage and avocado omelet with french fries. 

it's been a great weekend. 

No comments: