Monday, July 27, 2009

bbq theme weekend

I like the beginning phase of dating where everything is fresh and fun. we are constantly looking for new places to go and new things to do. some of the most fun new places are the ones we see daily, but have never experienced. the BBQ place across the street from my gym on foothill was our latest newbie. I can't remember what it's called. my expectations were low (frighteningly so, in fact) when we got there at 7pm on friday night and the only other souls in the place were on their way out and the cashier was about 11 year old. Everything was just a teensy bit sticky and the napkins were paper towel rolls on each table.

redeeming aspect number 1: quarter operated moving horse.

redeeming aspect number 2: the food ended up being AMAZING. and you can make paper towel ties with your "napkin."

yesterday we went to a BBQ at sam's friend, hank's house. It was so fun! I met this adorable couple who were expecting a baby. The girl reminded me so much of Ashley Thalman. I instantly fell in love with her.

Hank owns a shop on marsh street, a few doors down from 711. His dad gave him this bike so he can ride it to McLintock's for lunch.

I was looking through other blogs today. I realized that I should really be more creative with this. so I'll work on that for next time. maybe.

2 comments:

Ashley Thalman said...

You love me?! I love you too and wish I lived near you....

Elise said...

I miss you!
I would still like it very much if you moved here.
think about it.